Tuesday 12 January 2010

Housebound Rants

We have now had a week of being snowed in. Yes I know that in other parts of the world people have to cope with deep snow for months on end, but they have all the proper equipment and I don't.

Haven't been out for a week - the snow in our cul-de-sac is too deep to push my wheelchair through. The car if I could get to it is covered and I can't reach to clear the windscreen etc.

On the subject of windscreens - a month or so ago I got a ticket for parking in a disabled bay (Blue Badge clearly displayed) - but I couldn't reach the ticket and there is a message that says only the registered owner of the car can remove - great what was I supposed to do - wait for it to fall off?

It isn't that I haven't plenty to do. I have been proof reading several essays for a friend who is doing her MA at Bristol University - internet shopping and of course spinning.

I have spun all the fibres that I got in the sale last Monday - the Grey and Black Shetland have spun up great. I got around 90 metres to the 50 grams navejo plied which is the best I have ever done - a consistant 4ply. The Welsh Black was much harder and is quite coarse whereas the Brown Yak is soooooo soft but quite hard to spin. Also have some hand painted rovings to get on with so I am not short of things to do - but I want to go out..............

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I am starting to climb the walls at our house - literally when you consider the size of my stash at the moment !!

    I have a fortnight's holiday but haven't been able to go anywhere, so have been forced to deal with the To Do list !!

    Brilliant blog and very inspiring
    Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails