Wednesday 17 February 2010

Finished.....

Yesterday I finished my first weaving project of 2010. Inspired by S's Scarf and Cranford Mitts I got out the loom and low and behold....



I am really quite pleased although the more professional weavers will notice that the tension isn't very good. One thing I have found when warping up using the Ashford Solo Method and using more than a single warp thread is that the tension is dodgy. They tell you to join in by knotting, but I found that this didn't work, so half way through I tied all the warp threads at both ends and this certainly stopped the threads becoming loose.

As this has turned out so well I am going to make another for my friend's birthday in April - so I have been looking for some cashmere yarn with which to wow her.

Meanwhile the transformation of the spinning wheel is going well, even if I did have to spend a fortune on a tin of gloss paint just for the spokes.......

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for the help you gave to tuther half today... much appreciated... as for the scarf... WOWEEE...

    You have now inspired me back again... off to wind off yarn...
    huggles
    Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails