Wednesday 31 March 2010

Productive Weekend


Despite the clocks going forward (or as happened in our household back - yes Mr S actually put the clocks back one hour and was totally gob-smacked when he found that the Gran Prix was over!!!!!) the weekend was a success.

First off - I found my red polka-dot notebook. Where? In the little bag I keep under my wheelchair, which I had checked at least twice!!! My defence is that I can't actually see into the bag.. I have resolved in future to back-up my notes and to this end I now have two spinning notebooks.

Second using pictures for inspiration I produce what I think is some really lovely fibre.

Iris



The Blues in the roving are really much darker than they appear in this pic - I used violet and navy blue mix for the petals and emerald, lime and grass green for the foliage.
These two other samples were inspired by day lilies with really strong colours.















With such good results I think that I shall dye a full 100grams of each.

The final success was space dyeing a skein - I had tried this at the SDW February Meeting, but with limited success (most probably because the ball had been wound too tight and the dye stuff couldn't penetrate) This time I used a loose skein and the results are spectacular (modesty is my only weakness)














So excited about this success I have been busy spinning up some more superwash merino to dye....... when I should have been writing up the paper I am going to be giving in July at the South West Women's History Network Summer Conference. I wouldn't normally be this on the ball but as I am going on a spinning tour (watch this space) it really has to be written and agreed with my supervisor before I give my self up to self indulgence...

1 comment:

  1. Modesty not required- they are lovely colours.
    I guess it is a "round tour" then?
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails