Wednesday 28 December 2011

Sun, Sea but no Sangria

But we did have mulled wine!

Just had the most brilliant few days away over the 'festive period'. Finished my Winter Berry Stole which was done as an Advent KAL, a clue a day and I managed to keep up, finishing at lunchtime on December 24th - wore (unblocked) to throw pebbles on Seaton beach....not much sand there, but the sun did shine if only for a very brief period.















Managed to lose a screw, I know I have had a screw missing for years, but this was the very important screw that holds one of my front castors in place, so we had to curtail our walk, although by the time I noticed it was missing we had 'walked' from one end of Seaton esplanade to the other - a couple of miles, so no chance of finding it.......

Castor fixed, we had another long walk on Boxing Day, admiring the picturesque architecture of South Devon - well actually peeking into other people's houses, (a hobby of ours) after which we rewarded ourselves with some more mulled wine................


I have finally filled one of the big bobbins on my Hansen Mini Spinner with combed Polwarth - phew! A whopping 12ozs - having n-plied the first 100 grams - 630 yards, this I have calculated equates to around three and a half miles of singles on one bobbin............


















Also took Mr S to Axminster Tools to choose his pressies - well after the hash I made buying the lathe in the first place, I thought better of surprises and settled for 'pick your own'! While in Axminster we found the most fantastic pizzeria serving gluten-free food - well you can't turn down the opportunity of a meal out - so for our Christmas treat we had pizza - straight from a proper pizza oven - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails