Wednesday 22 May 2013

No news is not Good News

I have to report that I am still waiting for delivery of my Bliss spinning wheel 10 days since I ordered it and 7 days since it was dispatched................... 

As you can guess I am not a very happy bunny, although I have been told that it will definitely be here by Friday - if it isn't expect an eruption of volcanic proportions over the West Country.  Despite the tracking stuck at 'sorting for country of destination' I have had to wait until today to get any sense at all out of the suppliers and TNTPost Netherlands - the man at TNTPost UK was very helpful, but unable to actually to do anything because the parcel was still in the Netherlands and until the tracking change to arrived in country of destination he couldn't chase it up!  It does come to something when I can remember the long tracking number, so many times I have entered it....  Currently nothing has changed.........................

This situation was made worse by the fact that wheels ordered after mine were all delivered last week! So it wasn't much fun reading all the excited posts as wheel after wheel arrived, was unpacked and put together.....................

There were a lot of very disappointed faces when it failed to show at the spinning evening last night.

Not being able to play with my new toy I did make progress on the St Kilda Shawl


This the main part completed so not a small shawl by any means - before the border it is about 30" deep and 68" wide.  I say 'about' because it is impossible to stretch it out even though it is on my longest cable.  It has been a real labour of love the pattern isn't easy to memorise and because it is in garter stitch not easy to see a mistake until you run out/or have too many stitches when you hit the marker.  Am now on the Old Shale border which is easy to remember but I am waiting for another ball of yarn to arrive having decided not to do the border in the first darker Boreray/Soay.

I am going to use that for another shawl this time done in a traditional Shetland style which begins with a garter stitch triangle with a wide border knitted from stitches pick up around the two long sides and finished with a picot edge.......

Hopefully I shall have GOOD NEWS very soon................







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails