Tuesday 11 March 2014

The Time has come!

Much as I love all my wheels, some just aren't getting the attention they deserve, so much as it grieves me I have done a deal with Mr S and am going to find new homes for some, just some!

Well the deal does included the purchase, for our 25th Wedding Anniversay - yes 25 years he has put up with me and me him - a new Schacht Matchless.

I heard on Sunday that she is currently at Manchester Customs waiting for clearance - so excited, but sad! I don't want to spin on the old one now, did the last lot of plying on Sunday evening, some spectacular Rambouillet from Juliespins, but now I am just like a cat on a hot tin roof waiting for the call to say she on her way!

Queen of Darkness from Juliespins
But then to the pact/deal with Mr S!!  Here I have had to make some hard decisions - which to sell and which are keepers!  The Herring Alpha and my Haldane Orkney are stayers - no way will I part with those two, and of course my Joy - everyone needs a travel wheel don't they? My Hansen stays - this one is my insurance against total loss of movement. Miss Bliss stays and the Haldane Shetland is going to stay with a lot of other Haldane wheels in Edinburgh to learn some manners! 

So that leaves me with the other Herring (the bent wood one), Nellie, the Easy Spin with its new flyer, Hiawathia the country spinner, and the Louet lookalike, and two home made wheels and two SWSO which may or may not spin one day.

Mr S wants Louet to copy, so she stays for a while at least!  Which means I shall only have eight wheels left, which according to most people is seven too many!  Well that's a matter of opinion -  the Matchless is my sitting room wheel, and Miss Bliss my window wheel, both very necessary, the Joy goes out and about, the others just are stayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails